In direct contrast to this previous article, we will now turn the table and answer 72 muscle-building questions with a simple “Yes”.
Not being able to elaborate on any of the following questions makes this a tough task, especially when the topic is not as black and white as some individuals make it out to be. But there is a beauty in succinct, quick answers when you want to know how to build muscle, so it’s a bit of a double-edged sword.
With that in mind, you’ve got questions about how nutrition, cardio, supplements, weight training, etc. effect muscular gains, so here is a list of 72 pertinent, muscle building questions that are bluntly answered with “Yes” (or for those south of the border, “Si!”)
…Oh, and a few of these questions are facetious just for the “bro” side of us all (hopefully you can decipher which ones they are).
72 Muscle Building Questions:
1. Is Creatine (Monohydrate) safe and effective for muscle building?
2. (For Males) Will I grow “moobs” if I work my chest (pectorals) Monday through Friday of every week?
3. I’m new to weight training, should I focus on deadlifts, bench presses and squats to build muscle?
4. Is sleep important for muscle gains?
5. Do I really need to eat more calories than I burn to build muscle?
6. Will taking whey protein help me build muscle?
7. Can I build muscle while Intermittent Fasting?
8. Can I gain muscle without the use of anabolic androgenic steroids?
9. Can I work a muscle more than once per week and still build muscle?
10. Are fats necessary as part of a muscle-building diet?
11. Can I incorporate cardio alongside my weight training routine and still build muscle?
12. Can I weight train if I’m a teenager?
13. Is fish oil a good supplement while trying to build muscle?
14. Does reading Muscle & Strength’s articles help me build muscle?
15. Are BCAA supplements useful for muscle gains?
16. Is it true I should lift until I see God?
17. Is 1-2lbs of muscle gain per month a good rate of progress?
18. Should I incorporate weight training in my routine to build muscle?
19. Can I build muscle doing bodyweight exercises like pull-ups and push-ups?
20. My muscles are sore, can I still train?
21. Can I still be attractive without having “really ripped abz”?
22. Is it wise to incorporate mobility work in my training?
23. Can I grow big arms without directly working my biceps and triceps?
24. I only have time to train for 30 minutes, a few times per week, can I still gain muscle?
25. I’m a woman and want to improve my curves, should I train with weights?
26. Is stretching an important part of my routine?
27. Are artificial sweeteners safe in nominal doses?
28. Will exercise help relieve stress?
29. Will having more muscle mass boost my metabolic rate?
30. Is weight training good for my joints?
31. Are Pop-Tarts anabolic?
32. Should I work on getting stronger if I’m trying gain muscle?
33. Are full-body workouts good for muscle gain?
34. Can I achieve a jack3d physique without steroids?
35. Can I achieve “elite” level strength without steroids?
36. Is weight training useful for athletes?
37. Do carbohydrates help build muscle?
38. Should I use a weight gainer supplement if I struggle to eat enough?
39. I’m skinny-fat, should I focus on building muscle?
40. Is it true that weight training can increase my lifespan?
41. Can I gain muscle without tracking my exact macronutrient intake?
42. Is chronic stress bad for muscle gains?
43. I don’t eat fruit or vegetables, should I consider a multi-vitamin?
44. I’m a vegetarian; can I still build some solid muscle?
45. Should I vary my protein sources?
46. Can I build muscle if I skip breakfast?
47. In general, is it better to eat more than enough protein rather than not enough?
48. Should I warm up before weight training?
49. I’m obese and trying to lose weight, is weight training still good for me?
50. Can I weight train if I have a head cold?
51. Is it possible to eat too much protein?
52. Could I gain muscle without using a whey protein supplement?
53. Should I use a pre-workout supplement to enhance performance in the gym?
54. Is nutrition more important than supplementation for muscle gain?
55. Will I gain some fat while trying to build muscle?
56. Do I have to be fat to be good at powerlifting?
57. Is caffeine useful for building muscle?
58. Can I substitute dumbbell bench presses for barbell bench presses?
59. Is strength relative to bodyweight?
60. Can I squat in the curl rack?
61. Will metal/hard rock music propel my muscle gains?
62. Is IIFYM (If it fits your macros) really just common sense?
63. Do cookie-cutter diets suck?
64. Should I squat deep to reap the most benefit from the exercise?
65. Are resistance bands and/or chains good to incorporate in my training?
66. Is it ok to lift barefoot?
67. Does Steve Shaw even lift?
68. Are abs really “made in the kitchen”?
69. Do partial reps have merit?
70. Does weight training improve insulin sensitivity?
71. Should I periodically take time off from weight training?
72. Is high-fructose corn syrup ultimately metabolized the same as any other sugar?
Answer: A resounding “Yes!” Sound off in the comments below if you want elaboration on any of the questions!