If you’re looking to put on lat size, then this around the world pull up routine from Gaspari athlete Robert Timms might be just what you need.
When Robert first started training, his workout partner made him perform pull ups before every single one of his workouts.
So, naturally that tactic led to the huge lats he has now. So much so that Timms credits the pull up for the majority of his back width and density today.
So here’s how you do the around the world pull up routine:
- Find a pull up station with several pull up bar placements.
- Perform each of the five variations for 3 reps a piece.
- Start with the shoulder width neutral grip position.
- Then move on to the narrower neutral grip position.
- Follow that one up with an underhand grip.
- Afterwards, move your hands out to a wide grip pull up.
- And finish up with an extra wide neutral grip pull up.
- Perform 2-4 sets depending on your goal and where you place the routine within your workout.