A few months ago, Team GAT athlete Sadik Hadzovic visited the M&S Headquarters to give us a few pointers on diet and training.
While in the M&S kitchen, he told us some of his favorite bodybuilding foods and why he likes to incorporate them into his diet.
1. Flank Steak
- Great source of lean protein
- Comes from a more muscular part of the cow, so it is less fatty with only about 10g of fat per serving.
- Really easy to prepare
- Great source of Iron, B-12, B-6, and magnesium
2. Sweet Potatoes
- Great Carb Source
- Has a lot of dietary fiber (4g per sweet potato)
- High in potassium and vitamin A
- Cheap to buy
- High in good monounsaturated fats
- High in dietary fiber
- High in vitamin B-6 and vitamin C
- Can be used in a lot of different and delicious ways
- Most complete source of protein
- Good source of fats
- High in b vitamins
- Easy to prepare and great to eat any time of day
- Very cost effective food source
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants benefits
- A good fiber source
- Helps with blood sugar regulation
- Good source of folate and vitamins A, C, E, and K
I agree with this video recommendation except for the steak and eggs. Both red meat and eggs contain artery clogging cholesterol. Don't be fooled guys. Your eating habits will catch up with you over time. It did me and I paid dearly for it. Now I consume chicken, fish, and pork instead of red meat. I have had no bodybuilding issues because of the change in my eating habits. Remember, you are what you eat.