Sometimes a craving for a sweet treat can kick in at the worst time. Like when you're trying to lose 10lbs.
Luckily, these 5 quick and easy protein recipes will satisfy your sweet tooth without wrecking your diet.
1. Birthday Mug Cake
Sometimes birthday celebrations come during times when eating traditional cake isn’t an option, but with this recipe you don’t have to be left out while everyone else is enjoying cake! This simple and delicious mug cake is perfect for any celebration and won’t wreck your diet.
Calories: 213, Protein: 24g, Carbs: 9g, Fat: 9g
- In a mug or small bowl, stir together 3 tbsp of egg whites, 1 scoop of FitMiss Delight Protein (I like Vanilla Chai), 2 tbsp of apple sauce, and 2 tbsp of almond flour
- Stir until smooth
- Microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds
2. Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Who doesn’t love donuts?! Here is a recipe for donuts that is easy on the taste buds and easy on your diet. These are a perfect healthy alternative to traditional donuts, and your friends, kids, and husband will all love them!
Calories: 78, Protein: 3.9g, Carbs: 10.6g, Fat: 2.5g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend 1¼ old fashioned oats into oat flour - set aside
- Whisk together 1 egg, 1 egg white, and ¼ cup of milk
- Stir in ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Add the following ingredients to your bowl of oat flour: 1 scoop of FitMiss Vanilla Chai, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1-2 packets of Stevia
- Mix wet ingredients with dry
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray
- Pour out 10 donuts
- Bake for approx 12 minutes, or until toothpick poked in donut comes out clean
- Melt 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips while donuts cool
- Glaze donuts with melted chocolate and then cover with sprinkles!
3. Zucchini Pancakes
When it comes to breakfast foods, there’s nothing better than pancakes! The problem with pancakes is that they often leave you feeling sluggish and they’re never guilt free. But these zucchini pancakes are! They’re quick, easy, and delicious. Plus you can top them with fruit and dark chocolate chips to add variety!
Calories: 308, Protein: 33g, Carbs: 29g, Fat: 8g
- Blend 3 egg whites (or 6 tbsp egg substitute), ¼ cup of old fashioned oats, 2 tbsp flax seed meal, 3 oz peeled zucchini, 1 scoop of FitMiss Delight Vanilla Chai Protein Powder, and ½ tsp baking powder.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour half of batter into skillet and cook until bubbles start to form before flipping
- Makes 2 pancakes
- Top with Walden Farms syrup
4. Strawberries and Cream Crepes
These can serve as breakfast, dessert, or as an anytime treat. The great thing about making protein crepes is that the preparation is quick, easy, and requires very little equipment. Try switching Delight flavors when making these. Strawberries N’ Cream and Vanilla Chai both work great!
Calories: 368, Protein: 33g, Carbs: 25g, Fat: 14g
- Blend together 1 scoop of FitMiss Delight Protein Powder, 4 egg whites, 2 tbsp flax seed meal, and 2 tbsp almond milk
- Batter will be thin - that's how you want it!
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray
- Slowly pour out 6-7 (depending on size) crepes
- Cook for about 60-90 seconds per side
- Melt 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Arrange ½ cup sliced strawberries inside crepes
- Top with melted peanut butter + 2 tbsp whipped cream
5. Healthy Oatmeal Creme Pie
Who else loved these as a kid? We didn’t care about how healthy they were back when we ate a box a week, but now it’s a little more important to us, which is why this recipe is one of our favorites! Not only are they a delicious treat for you, but they’re a great alternative for your kids to eat as well.
Calories: 156, Protein: 13.4g, Carbs: 17.9g, Fat: 3.3g
- Blend together 1 cup oats, 1 scoop FitMiss Delight Vanilla Chai, ½ tbsp cinnamon, ½ tsp baking soda, and 1 packet stevia until mixture reaches the consistency of flour (about 10-15 seconds)
- Whisk 1 egg in a medium bowl and then toss in the oat mixture
- Stir in ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp applesauce and ¼ cup oats
- Mix everything together well
- On a prepared baking sheet, scoop out 10 cookies
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes
- While cookies bake, stir together ⅔ cup of plain 0% fat greek yogurt and 1 scoop of FitMiss Vanilla Chai
- Once cookies are done and have cooled, spread 2 tbsp of Creme to half of the cookies. Top with the other halves