Number of Servings: 1
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 6 oz chicken breast
- 1 cup spaghetti squash, cooked
- 2 oz mushrooms
- ¼ cup tomatoes
- 1 oz white wine
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup snow peas
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Add oil to saute pan and set on medium-high heat
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and desired seasonings. Italian seasoning is my personal choice!
- Once oil is close to reaching its smoke-point (or when you see ripples in oil), add chicken and sear each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and put on baking sheet and into the oven
- Place saute pan back onto heat and start deglazing pan with tomatoes. After a few seconds, add garlic, mushrooms, and snow peas. Saute until fragrant and mushrooms are golden brown. Deglaze again with white wine and let cook until all wine has dissipated
- Add milk and reduce by half, then add Arrowroot (mixed into a slurry with some water) and thicken until desired consistency is reached
- Remove chicken from oven when internal temperature of 160F is reached. Let rest until it reaches 165F
- While chicken rests, toss spaghetti squash into sauce
- Serve baked chicken on top of sauced spaghetti squash and enjoy!
I can't wait to try this, however; I do believe the macros are incorrect. The chicken alone is going to have 4g of fat. That isn't including the 1 tbsp oil in the recipe. I don't think the nutrition info for this is correct. I have added the ingredients to my fitness pal several times and even putting it at 1/4 tbsp of oil, I get 10g of fat per serving. Just wanted you to and others to know in case they are counting macros like me where fat grams matter.