Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 1½ lbs of lean ground beef
- 6 oz. whole wheat lasanga noodles
- 2.5 cups Hunts traditional spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen spinach (cooked as directed and drain excess water)
- 8 egg whites
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
This recipe submitted by Vicki Ahlstrom.
Great thing about this is that you can add or substitute a lot of the ingredients to make it just a little different each time. I know it's not one of those super pretty lasagnas where the cook carefully layers each ingredient, but it's still wonderful!
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Boil noodles as directed by package.
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray and spread a few tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the fat free mozzarella cheese.
- Lay down ½ of the noodles and top with half of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Layer with the rest of the noodles and top with the other half of the mixture.
- Lastly, put the fat free cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Sounds great want to make it, this weekend, not sure what i do with the egg whites, and are the whole meal lasagne noodles, just lasagne sheets??
am I missing something/ it says there are two mixtures but no directions on what these are?
did you get an answer for this question
what do you use the egg for. Thanks
Really great tasting lasagna. Would definitely recommend. I used ground turkey instead of beef.
CLEAN VERSION: Swap out the noodles and instead used zucchini sliced 1/4" thick (cut down the length) to make 1-ingredient "noodles" for layering this dish. Reduce the mozz cheese by 1/2 and add that amount back of lower calorie, more flavorful grated parm-romano.
Swap out the noodles and used zucchini sliced lengthwise (in 1/4" thick slices) to make this a more clean version!
Made this tonight and was delicious! Girlfriend liked it too. I found that half the called use of mushrooms was enough for me as I'm not crazy about them. Very good dish.
Lasagna was so good..My mother is from Italy so I know a good lasagna but it's so bad for you but this healthy recipe was one of the best I ever had and it's healthy