- 1987 Northern, IL 3rd.
- 1992 Gateway Classic Champion 1st
- 1992 Novice Champion 1st
- 1992 Mid Il 2nd
- 1992 Mid States Classic 3rd
- 1993 Natural IL Champion 1st
- 1993 Natural Mid-states 3rd
- 1995 Powerhouse Classic 4th
- 1995 Team universe 10th
- 2009 Mid-American Master’s Overall Champion and WNBF PRO
What is your background and how did you get started in bodybuilding?
Former wrestler but I got a knee injury and that started the bodybuilding bug for me.
Why do you love bodybuilding?
The personal journey of accomplishment.
What is your training philosophy?
What's a good workout routine that has given you results?
- Monday - Legs. Squats and leg presses. 4 to 5 sets 10 to 20 reps per exercise. Warm-up properly, use good form.
- Tuesday - Chest & Biceps. 10 sets chest, 6 sets for biceps. Squeeze...hard contractions.
- Wednesday - OFF.
- Thursday - Back. 12 to 15 sets. Blast and feel. Don't worry about weight.
- Friday - Shoulders & Triceps. 10 sets. Take your time...no herc and jerk here.
- Saturday - OFF.
- Sunday - OFF.
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
Squat, deadlift, bench press. Nothing feels as good. And I always feel that much more powerful when doing all three.
- Bench press.
What's the best training tip you could give to others?
Take your time and enjoy the ride.
Nutrition And Supplementation
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Some people make this area to complicated. Don’t take in more then you can burn...period.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
300g lean protein, 250-350g carbs, 40-60g fat.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
350g protein, 150-175g carbs, 30-50g fat.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Everything that does not bloat me that is a sign of poor digestion.
Favorite cheat food?
Come on man that’s easy...cheescake, of course.
What's the best nutrition tip you could give to others?
Eat clean as much as possible. But be sensitive to giving it what it is asking for every now and then pizza whatever. I mean, we only live once. I commend the guys and girls that don’t allow that. But sometimes bodybuilders need a break.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Gaspari SizeOn. Only when I train.
- Whey protein. 2-3 times a day usually in between meals.
- Glutamine. Whenever feeling flat.
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
SizeOn, Kaizen whey, Empyrean peptobolic.
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to someone thinking about competing in natural bodybuilding?
- Take your time and remember it is a process.
- Do not be afraid to fail. Just because you don’t place in a contest does not mean you are not a champion.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Controlled confidence. Don’t walk around like your poop does not stink. Smile and be polite to all.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
Not sure yet.
What would you like to achieve in your natural bodybuilding career?
Who are your favorite bodybuilders and idols?
Bodybuilders...many. Idols...one. His name is Jesus.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
People can contact me at: Faisonpaul@yahoo.com