- Select the desired weight from the rack, and sit in an upright position with your chest flat against the preacher bench.
- Using a supinated grip, take a deep breath and slowly lower the dumbbells away from your shoulders.
- Once the biceps are fully lengthened, rotate the forearms to a pronated position (palms down) and curl the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t allow the elbows to shift. Similarly, make sure the shoulder doesn’t shift forward in the socket as you lower the weight.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Rotate the forearms slowly, excessive velocity may cause issues within the elbows or wrists.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.