Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and assume a shoulder width stance.
- Using a pronated (palms down) grip, take a deep breath and curl the dumbbells towards your shoulders.
- Once the biceps are fully shortened, slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl Tips
- Don’t allow the elbows to shift behind the body. Similarly, make sure the shoulder doesn’t shift forward in the socket as you lower the weight.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Rotate the forearms slowly, excessive velocity may cause issues within the elbows or wrists.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.