Adductors, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back
Wide Stance 45 Degree Leg Press Instructions
- Load the machine with the desired weight and take a seat.
- Sit down and position your feet on the sled outside of shoulder width.
- Take a deep breath, extend your legs, and unlock the safeties.
- Lower the weight under control until the legs are roughly 45 degrees or slightly below.
- Drive the weight back to the starting position by extending the knees but don’t forcefully lockout.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Wide Stance 45 Degree Leg Press Tips
- To keep tension on the quads, keep the knees just shy of lockout.
- In order to emphasize the glutes more, push through the heels.
- In order to emphasize the quads more, push through the balls of the feet.
- Don’t allow the hips to posteriorly tilt and roll off the pad.
- Keep your low back flat against the pad throughout the movement.
- Maintain a neutral head position by not looking up or down excessively.
- Self spotting is possible by simply applying pressure to the knees with the hands. Use only when necessary.
- Toe angle is individual and will depend upon each individual’s hip anatomy and ankle mobility - experiment and adjust based upon feel.