Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Weighted Exercise Ball Wall Squat Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by choosing a pair of dumbbells and positioning an exercise ball between the center of your back and a wall. It may be ideal to have a training partner hand you the dumbbells once the exercise ball was in place.
- Stand up straight with a slight bend in your knees and hold the dumbbells down at your sides.
- Walk your feet out a few steps while keeping your upper body flat against the ball.
- Your legs should be straight with a slight bend in your knees and your feet should be just inside shoulder width apart. This is the starting position.
- While bending at the knees and sliding your torso downward (still pressed against the ball) lower your buttocks towards the ground. Keep your core muscles tense to hold the ball in place against the wall.
- Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a moment and press through your heels to push yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Keep your torso as still as possible throughout the movement with your back straight and constantly pressed against the ball.
- Keep your head up and eyes facing forward.
- To get the full benefit of the squat, drop your buttocks down as low as possible - at least until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- For extra intensity, pause for a few seconds at the bottom of the movement.
- To get the most from the exercise, keep your core muscles tight and your abdominals will reap the benefit.