- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredOther
- Force TypeStatic
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Weight Plate Pinches Instructions
- The weight plate pinch is a simple way to build real strength in your forearms. To complete this exercise grasp a weight plate (or two if you can) between your two index fingers and your thumb.
- Stand up straight and hold the weight plate with your fingers as long as possible.
- If you can hold it longer than 30 seconds, use a heavier plate or two small plates together.
- Don't use your fingers to hook around the weight plate. The idea is that you pinch it!
- Holding several smaller plates together is more challenging.
- It's generally a good idea to do this exercise at the end of your workout as your grip is used in most exercises.