Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
V-Bar Pull Up Instructions
- To do the v-bar pull up you'll need a pull up bar and a v-bar. Place the v-bar over the top of the pull up bar and grip the bar with a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Lower your body until you're hanging off the v-bar. This is the starting position.
- To execute the exercise slowly pull yourself up as far as possible. You will need to move your head to the side to avoid hitting the bar.
- Pause, and then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Use a full range of motion on every rep.
- Don't swing your body to assist you in getting up - this is cheating!
- Control your body throughout the movement - don't let your body drop quickly.
- Weight can be added for extra intensity.