- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cross Body Hammer Curl (Pinwheel Curls) Instructions
- Set up for the cross body hammer curl by grasping a pair of dumbbells and holding them at your sides.
- You should be using a neutral grip (palms facing the body) and have a slight bend in your arms. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Beginning with one arm, slowly curl the dumbbell up across the front of your body as shown in the video demonstration.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for your other arm.
- This is one rep. Now repeat to complete your set.
Cross Body Hammer Curl (Pinwheel Curls) Tips
- The dumbbells should not touch the body at any point during the exercise.
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Keep the tension on both of your biceps throughout the whole set.