Standing Cable Wrist Curl (behind back) Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight bar to the lower pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grasp the bar behind your back at arms length using a overhand grip (palms facing out) with your hands no wider than shoulder width apart.
- Take a step forward to bring the weight off the stack.
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder width apart and look straight forward. Bending only at the wrists, let the bar drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the bar up as far as possible squeezing the forearm muscles at the top of the movement. Only your wrists should be moving.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- A light weight should be used with proper technique. It doesn't take heavy weight to make this exercise effective.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and pause/squeeze the forearms for a count of two at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to drop as far as possible at the bottom of the movement.