- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Alternating Dumbbell Reverse Grip Curl Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by grasping a set of dumbbells and standing up with the dumbbells by your side.
- Your palms should be facing down, using a reverse grip and the dumbbells not touching your body.
- Before starting the set, take up the slack by lifting the weight slightly so the tension is on your bicep muscles.
- Starting with your weakest arm (usually the left), curl the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the forearm at the top of the exercise, and then slowly lower the weight without it touching your body or taking the tension off your bicep.
- Repeat for the other arm. That's one rep.
Alternating Dumbbell Reverse Grip Curl Tips
- Do not rest the weights on your body or let them hang down.
- Keep your body fixed throughout the set, you should not be swinging as you raise the weight.
- Use a full range of motion and keep the rep timing slow.