- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Smith Machine Seated Wrist Curl Instructions
- Set up for the Smith Machine Seated Wrist Curl by getting a flat bench or short stool and placing it in front of a smith machine.
- Lower the bar to around knee height and add weights to either side.
- Sit on the end of the bench facing the smith machine with your forearms resting on your quads, palms facing up.
- Grasp the bar and take the weight off the hooks. Allow the bar to lower as much as possible. This is the starting point for the exercise.
- Bending at the wrists only, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze your forearms, and then lower the bar back down.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Use slow and controlled movement for for best results.
- Make sure you use a full range of motion, allowing the bar to drop as far down as possible and raise up as far as possible.