- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Smith Machine One-Arm Row Instructions
- Set up for the smith machine one-arm row by dropping the bar to the lowest setting and adding the weight you want to use.
- Stand on the left-hand side of the bar at a 90-degree angle.
- Bend at the knees slightly, keep your back straight and bend down and grasp the bar with your right hand. Rest your left and on your left thigh for support.
- Stand up slightly to take the weight off the machine. Keeping your eyes facing forwards and head up, slowly pull the bar up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat for your other arm.
Smith Machine One-Arm Row Tips
- Keep your body still throughout the movement and control the weight. Do not let your back arch.
- Keep your eyes and head up to help you keep a straight back.
- Focus on pulling the bar up with your back - not allowing your forearms to carry the weight.