- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Smith Machine Calf Raise Instructions
The smith machine is a good alternative if your gym does not have a standing calf raise machine.
- Set the bar on the smith machine to around shoulder height and rack up the weight you want to use.
- Grab a step, calf block, or weight plate and put it below the bar.
- Step up on the block and position the balls of your feet on the edge.
- Grasp the smith bar with a wide grip and position it across the top of your back muscles (not across the back of your neck).
- Push up to take the weight off the rack and slowly let your heels drop down as far as possible. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise your heels as far as you can off the floor.
- Squeeze the calf muscles, and then slowly lower your heels back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't let your heels touch the floor throughout the set.
- The balls of your feet should be right on the edge of the block. Do not allow them to come forward as it makes the exercise less challenging.
- Use the maximum range of motion by allowing your heels to drop as far as possible and then raising them as high as possible.
- Focus on not allowing your knees to bend.
Grow those muscles!!!
any alternnatives to this? i can't do this becaue of my back problems
come home, i will teach you
Grow some muscles.