- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Seated Row (Rope Extension) Instructions
- Attach the rope extension to the low pulley cable. Adjust the weight.
- Sit down in front of the cable machine facing the cable with your legs shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the rope from the bottom with your thumbs in.
- Lean back, keeping your back straight to take the weight off the stack. Your shoulders should be back and your arms fully extended.
- To execute the movement, slowly pull the rope in towards your stomach.
- Pull the rope back as far as possible and squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
Seated Row (Rope Extension) Tips
- Only your arms should be moving throughout each rep.
- Don't allow your shoulders to come forward or use your legs/waist to move the weight back.
- Do not let the weight stack drop fully until you've finished the set.