Seated Bent Over Tricep Dumbbell Kickback Overview
The seated bent over dumbbell kickback is a variation of the standing dumbbell kickback.
Seated bent over dumbbell kickbacks are an exercise used to isolate the muscles of the triceps.
By performing kickbacks seated, you eliminate the core stability needed to perform them standing and eliminate momentum which can be generated while standing to move the weight.
Seated Bent Over Tricep Dumbbell Kickback Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and sit on the end of a flat bench.
- Hinge forward and row the dumbbells into place.
- Let the other arm hang down from the shoulder while gripping the dumbbell.
- Row the dumbbells into position and then extend the elbow while flexing the tricep.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Seated Bent Over Tricep Dumbbell Kickback Tips
- Hinge forward from the hips, there shouldn’t be excessive curvature within the lumbar spine.
- Exhale as you extend the dumbbell behind your body and flex the tricep.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, focus on a spot on the floor and complete all of the assigned repetitions.