- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePush (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Overview
The bent over dumbbell tricep kickback is a classic tricep exercise that has been used for ages.
When performing bent over dumbbell tricep kickbacks, the movement should be slow and focused. The point of this exercise is to get a good contraction on the triceps and establish a mind-muscle connection.
The bent over dumbbell tricep kickback is typically included in hypertrophy-based splits and are also an excellent tricep finisher at the end of your workout.
Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and stand in an open area.
- Hinge forward, row the dumbbells into position, then extend the elbows while flexing the triceps.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Bent Over Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Tips
- Hinge forward from the hips, there shouldn’t be excessive curvature within the lumbar spine.
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine, keep some tension through the abdominals.
- Exhale as you extend the dumbbell behind your body and flex the tricep.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, focus on a spot on the floor and complete all of the assigned repetitions.