- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Middle Back
Target Muscle Group
Rope Pull Up Instructions
- Set up for the rope pull up by getting a rope extension and hanging it over the top of a pull up bar.
- Standing under the pull up bar, grip the rope extension with a neutral grip - palms facing inwards.
- Holding the rope, take your feet off the floor so that you're hanging with arms outstretched. This is the start position.
- Slowly pull yourself up until your hands almost touch your upper chest.
- Pause, and then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Always use the maximum range of motion on this exercise. This means going up as high as possible and lowering yourself down until your arms are almost fully outstretched.
- Slow the movement down to add extra intensity.
- Weight can be added to this movement for additional intensity.