Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- The rope lat pull down allows for a slightly deeper range of motion. Set up for the exercise by attaching a rope extension to a lat pull down machine, setting the weight you want to use on the stack, and adjusting the knee pad.
- Grasp the rope with a neutral grip, palms facing inward and thumbs back.
- Sit down on the machine and take the weight off the stack, keeping your arms extended. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your body tight and sitting upright, slowly pull the rope down as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position without letting it drop to the stack.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Stay seated upright throughout the set - do not lean back. Leaning back and using your body to swing the weight down is cheating!
- To add more intensity, slow the rep timing down to 1-2-2.