- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Grip Smith Machine Bent-Over Row Instructions
- Set up for the reverse grip smith machine bent-over row by lowering the bar on the smith machine all the way and adding the weight you want to use.
- Stand facing the bar and grip the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up), with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Stand straight up to take the weight off the machine.
- Straighten your back, bend at the knees slightly, and slowly let the weight down until it's just below your knees. This is the start position.
- Keeping your body fixed, pull the weight up until it almost hits your body.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Reverse Grip Smith Machine Bent-Over Row Tips
- Keep your back straight throughout the set. Keep your eyes facing towards and head up. Do not look down as this will tend to arch your back.
- Keep your elbows in at your sides.