- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Reverse Grip Cable Wrist Curl Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by getting a flat or adjustable bench and placing it facing a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach a straight bar to the low pulley and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the end of the bench facing the cable machine with your feet out slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the bar with a reverse grip (palms facing down) with your hands around shoulder width apart.
- Pull the weight back and bury your elbows into your inner thighs for support.
- Keeping your elbows fixed and bending only at the wrists, let the bar drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the bar as far as possible squeezing the forearm muscles at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Seated Reverse Grip Cable Wrist Curl Tips
- Use lighter weight to help focus on proper technique. It doesn't take heavy weight to make this exercise effective.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and pause/squeeze the forearms for a count of two at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to drop as far as possible at the bottom of the movement.