- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Grip Incline Bench Barbell Row Instructions
- Set up an incline bench at around a 30-degree angle. You can also use a propped-up flat bench.
- Grab a barbell and place it at the end of the incline bench.
- Lay down on the bench in a prone (facing down) position with your legs at the lower end of the bench. If it's more comfortable, you can put your feet on the floor. This also adds stability.
- Grip the barbell with a shoulder-width underhand grip (with your palms facing up).
- Keeping your head up, eyes looking forward, slowly raise the bar towards your chest.
- Raise the bar as far as possible, pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Reverse Grip Incline Bench Barbell Row Tips
- Keep your elbows tucked in by your sides when you raise the bar.
- Keep your head up, and your eyes looking forwards at all times.
- Don't let the weight touch the floor at the bottom of the movement.