- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Cable Preacher Curl Instructions
- The reverse cable preacher curl is a great exercise for hitting your biceps and forearms. Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight bar or EZ bar extension to the lower pulley cable machine and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Now grab a preacher bench and position it in front of the cable machine with the arm padding facing the machine.
- Grasp the bar with a reverse grip (palms facing down) at around shoulder width and sit on the preacher bench with your upper arms on the padding.
- Your shoulders should be back, and your arms out straight. This is the starting position.
- To execute, slowly curl the bar up towards your shoulders as far as possible.
- Pause, and then then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the movement.
- Keep your wrists straight - do not allow them to sag forward.