- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Grip Cable Curl Instructions
- The reverse grip cable curl hits the forearms and the biceps. Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight or EZ bar to the lower pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grasp the bar using a reverse (or overhand) grip with your hands no wider than shoulder width apart.
- Stand up straight, with your elbows tucked in at your sides and eyes facing forwards.
- Take up any slack in the cable so the stack is raised. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- To execute, keep your elbows in at your sides and slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Always use rep timing that allows you to control the weight.
- Keep your body fixed throughout the set. Don't lean back as you curl up the bar.
- Keep your wrists straight.