Seated Reverse Barbell Wrist Curl Instructions
- Grasp a barbell at shoulder width apart using an overhand grip (palms facing down) and sit down on the end of a flat bench.
- Rest the back of your forearms on the top of your thighs so that your wrists are just off the end of your knees.
- Bending only at the wrists, let the barbell drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the bar up as far as possible squeezing the forearm muscles at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the barbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- The forearms are small muscles and do not need a lot of weight to get a good workout. Keep the weights low, and pause at the top of the movement (with the weight raised as high as possible) for a count of two.
- Use an EZ bar if you feel pain in the wrists during the set.