- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Barbell Wrist Curl Over Bench Instructions
- Set up for the reverse wrist curl by selecting a light barbell and kneeling in front of a flat bench.
- Grasp the barbell with a reverse grip (palms facing down) at around shoulder width apart.
- Place your forearms and elbows on the bench so that both wrists are hanging over the edge of the bench. This is the starting position.
- Begin curling your writs upwards. Focus on moving only the wrists, while keeping your forearms as still as possible.
- Lower your wrists back down to the starting position and repeat for the desired reps.
- A light weight should be used with proper technique. It doesn't take heavy weight to make this exercise effective.
- Use full range of motion - lowing the bar and raising the bar as far as comfortably possible.
Be it regular curl or wrist curl, reverse grip takes smaller weight. Don't lock the barbell /EZ bar with your thumb - hold the bar only with your four fingers. It works muscles real well with smaller weights compared to underhand grip.