- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Leg Seated Calf Raise Instructions
- Set up for the one-leg seated calf raise by loading up the machine with the weight you want to use.
- Sit on the machine with the padding on top of your left thigh and the ball of your left food on the edge of the foot pad.
- Keep your right leg outstretched to keep it from getting in the way.
- Take the weight off the rack by pushing up with your leg and let your heel drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly push your heel up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the calf muscle, and then slowly lower the weight back down to the starting position.
- Do not pause, and raise straight back up again.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for your right leg.
One-Leg Seated Calf Raise Tips
- As a general rule, always train the weakest side of the body first. In most cases this will be the left.
- Use the biggest range of motion possible, heels up high, and stretch down low.
- Hold the top of the movement (heels up) for a count of 2-3 to add intensity.