- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Target Muscle Group
One Leg Bodyweight Squat Instructions
- Set up for the one leg bodyweight squat by standing about 2-3 feet in front of a flat bench, facing away from the bench.
- Cross your arms across your chest for stability. Now carefully extend your right leg behind you and place the top of your foot securely on the bench.
- Keeping your eyes facing forwards slowly lower your body down by bending at the left knee. Don't lean forward as you come down. Your buttocks should drop straight down.
- Squat down until your left thigh is parallel with the floor, and then slowly raise your body back up by pushing through your heel.
- Do not lock the knee out when you stand up.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- The same principals apply to the bodyweight squat as apply to the regular squat. Keep your back straight, eyes facing forwards, chest out, and don't let your knees come forward as you squat down.