Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
One Leg 45 Degree Leg Press Instructions
- Set up for the one leg 45 degree leg press by loading the weight plates you want to use on the leg press machine.
- Sit down on the leg press machine and position your left foot in the center of the foot plate. You can place your right foot on the floor - do what's comfortable.
- Extend your leg to take the weight off the racks, and release the safety.
- Your knee should be slightly bent at the start of the movement, as this will ensure the weight is on your quads.
- Slowly lower the weight down until your leg is just past a 45 degree angle.
- Push through your heel and extend your leg to move the weight back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for desired reps and then repeat with your right leg.
- Your knees should not be locked out at the any point during this exercise.
- When moving the weight up, push through your heels.
- You can involve the glutes more in this exercise by going deeper.
- Always be sure that the safety is locked securely when finishing the exercise.