- The one arm hammer strength machine row allows you to isolate one side of your body and correct any imbalances. Set up by adding the weight plates to the machine and setting the seat height. The height of the seat should be set so that your chest is at the top of the pad.
- Sit down on the machine and grip the left hand handle with a neutral grip. Use your other hand to stabilize your body.
- Keeping your body fixed, pull the weight back as far as possible.
- Squeeze the shoulder blade back, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the right arm.
- Always do your weakest side first. For most people this is their left side.
- Pull the weight back as far as possible, and squeeze your shoulder blade back towards the middle of your body.
- Don't let the weight fully drop at the starting position. Always keep the tension on your muscles.