- Set up for the hammer strength machine row my adding weight plates and setting the seat height into position. Your chest should be at the top of the pad.
- Sit down on the machine and grasp the handles with a neutral grip.
- Keeping your chest fixed on the pad, eyes facing forwards, and elbows in at your sides, slowly pull the handles back as far as possible.
- Pause, squeezing your shoulder blades together, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position without allowing it to drop.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do not let your chest leave the pad when pulling the weight back. Rocking back as you pull the weight is cheating! Keep the focus on the target muscles by remaining fixed throughout the set.
- At the top of the exercise, squeeze your shoulder blades together as if you're trying to crush something in between them!