Abs, Adductors, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back
Landmine Goblet Squat Instructions
- Set up with the end of the landmine in both of your hands at chest height.
- Take a deep breath and descend by simultaneously pushing the hips back and bending the knees.
- Once your thighs reach parallel with the floor, begin to reverse the movement.
- Keep your abs braced and drive your feet through the floor.
- Drive back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Landmine Goblet Squat Tips
- If you struggle with squatting with a barbell then this is an excellent version for learning how to squat in a vertical fashion.
- If have trouble getting the landmine into position at chest height then you can utilize a sumo squat with the arms in between the legs.
- Toe angle is highly individual - experiment to see what feels best for you.
- Experiment with a “false” (i.e. thumbless) grip as this helps to eliminate elbow and wrist issues in some folks.
- Drive through the whole foot - you want 3 points of contact: big toe, little toe, and heel.
- Imagine you’re trying to drop your back pockets straight towards your heels. Down, not back.
- Some forward translation of the knees over the toes is alright provided that the knees don’t deviate excessively inward or outward. Those with longer femurs will have to allow their knees to come farther forward if they want to remain upright.
- Neck position is highly individual as well - some prefer a neutral neck position (i.e. keeping the chin tucked throughout the lift) while others do well with looking straight ahead. Experiment with each and see which one works best for your anatomy.
- Don’t push the knees out excessively but ensure they track roughly over or slightly outside the 2nd toe.