- Set up for the exercise by choosing a dumbbell and setting it at the end of an incline bench.
- Pick the dumbbell off the floor with both hands securing it on one end with your hands flat and palms facing upward.
- Slowly lie back on the bench and raise the dumbbell above your head by fully extending both arms. Now you should be in position to start the set.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head by bending only at the elbows. You will be moving in a semi-circular motion until the dumbbell is about even with the top of the bench.
- Pause, and then raise the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps.
- Keep your body as still as possible moving only your forearms.
- This exercise can obviously be dangerous when using heavy weight. Start with light weight until you have perfected the movement.