- For this exercise you will need an incline bench, or alternatively you can prop up one end of a straight bench. Grab dumbbells and set them at the high end of the bench.
- Lay face down on the bench so that your chest is at the end of the bench.
- Your feet can either hang off the end of the bench or be placed on the floor on either side of the bench for stability.
- Grasp the dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms facing you) and raise the dumbbells off the floor slightly.
- Keep your head up and your eyes looking forward, and then slowly raise the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement, and then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep your eyes up.
- Increase the intensity and effectiveness of the exercise by pausing for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement.