Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Decline Bench Dumbbell Lunge Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by choosing a pair of dumbbells and standing directly in front of a decline bench. The back padding should be facing you.
- Stand up straight and hold the dumbbells down at your sides. This is the starting position.
- Step forward with your left leg and place your foot on the center of the of the decline bench.
- While maintaining your balance squat down through your hips. Keep your torso straight and head up. Don't allow your knee to track out over your toes.
- Push yourself back up to an upright position using your heal to drive you.
- Keep your foot on then bench and repeat for desired reps.
- Center your right foot on the bench and repeat using your right leg.
- Never allow your knees to track out over your toes during this movement. Doing so will place undue stress on the knee joints.
- Keep your head up and back straight throughout the exercise. Never allow your back to round.