- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Incline Bench Cable Row (Rope Extension) Instructions
- Set an incline bench to around a 45-degree angle and position the bench with the highest end facing the cable pulley machine.
- Attach a rope extension to the lower pulley and set the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grab the rope and position yourself with your chest on the bench, feet on the floor, and hands gripping the rope with a neutral grip (palms facing inwards). This is the starting position.
- Slowly pull the rope in towards your lower chest as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Incline Bench Cable Row (Rope Extension) Tips
- Make sure you use a maximum range of motion by allowing your arms to fully extend and pulling your arms back as far as possible.
- Squeeze at the top of the exercise through your shoulder blades.