High Inverted Row Instructions
- The high inverted row is a variation of the inverted row. Set up for the inverted row by lowering the bar on the smith machine and positioning yourself under the bar.
- Grasp the bar with arms slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Put your feet out in front of you so that your upper chest is directly under the bar.
- Keep your body straight and pull yourself up as far as possible. The bar should come to around upper chest/neck height.
- Pause, and then slowly lower your self back to the starting position.
- Keep your body straight throughout the exercise.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Lower yourself slowly - don't allow your body to drop.