- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball Two-Arm Dumbbell Extension Instructions
The exercise ball dumbbell extension is the same as a seated dumbbell extension, but you're seated on an exercise ball. The ball makes your core work harder to maintain stability.
- Set up by sitting on an exercise ball and holding a dumbbell above your head using two hands.
- Keep your feet at a wide stance on the floor for stability.
- Tense your core muscles and straighten your back. Keeping your eyes facing and core tight, slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly extend your arms squeezing the triceps.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Exercise Ball Two-Arm Dumbbell Extension Tips
- Make sure you keep your back straight throughout the set by tensing your core muscles and keeping your head and eyes up.
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Don't "rest" at the top of the movement by locking your elbows out.