- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredExercise Ball
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball On The Wall Calf Raise Instructions
- Set up for the exercise ball on the wall calf raise by getting an exercise ball and set of dumbbells and placing them next to an open space of wall.
- Grasp the dumbbells in each hand and pick up the ball and hold it to the wall at chest height.
- With your arms hanging down at your sides, lean into the ball against the wall.
- Step back until your calves are outstretched when touching the floor.
- Take the weight off your heels. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise your heels off the floor as far as possible. This should roll the ball up the wall slightly.
- Pause, and then lower your heals back to the starting position without resting them on the floor.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't let your heels come all the way down to the floor at the bottom of the movement.
- Pause and hold at the top of the movement for a count of 2-3 for added intensity.