- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench Instructions
- Grasp a pair of dumbbells using an underhand grip (palms facing up) and kneel down in front of a flat bench.
- Rest the back of your forearms on top of the bench so that your writs are just off the end of it.
- Bending only at the wrists, let the dumbbells drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the dumbbells up as far as possible squeezing the forearm muscles at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- A light weight should be used with proper technique. It doesn't take heavy weight to make this exercise effective.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and pause/squeeze the forearms for a count of two at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Use a full range of motion by allowing the weight to drop as far as possible at the bottom of the movement.