- Select the desired weight from the rack and sit down on a flat bench.
- To get into position, lay back and keep the weights close to your chest. Once you are in position, take a deep breath, then press the dumbbells to lockout at the top.
- Maintain a pronated grip (thumbs pointing towards each other) and allow the elbows to bend while lowering the inner portion of the dumbbells to the chest.
- Once the ends of the dumbbells touch your chest, reverse the movement and flex the triceps to lockout the elbows.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine, keep your ribcage down by maintaining tension through the abs.
- Try to keep the dumbbells touching throughout the duration of the exercise.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.