- Select the desired weight from the rack, and sit in an upright position with your chest flat against the preacher bench.
- Keep your upper arm pressed into the pad and use a neutral (palms facing up) grip.
- Take a deep breath and slowly lower the dumbbell away from your shoulder.
- Once the bicep is fully lengthened, curl the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on both sides.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.