- Set up for the exercise by setting a pair of dumbbells at the end of a decline bench.
- Pick up the dumbbells off the floor or have a training partner hand them to you.
- Using a neutral grip (palms facing in), position the ends of the dumbbells on your thighs, and lie back on the bench with your feet secured in the padding.
- To get in position you raise the dumbbells above you, only slightly bending at the elbows.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells down by bending only at the elbows. You will be moving in a semi-circular motion until the dumbbells are about even with your ears.
- Pause, and then raise the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps.
- Keep your body as still as possible moving only your forearms.
- This exercise can obviously be dangerous when using heavy weight. Start with a light weight until you have perfected the movement.