Close Grip Standing Barbell Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight, load it onto the bar, and assume a narrower than shoulder width grip.
- Using a supinated (palms up) grip, take a deep breath and curl the barbell towards your shoulders.
- Once the biceps are fully shortened, slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Close Grip Standing Barbell Curl Tips
- Don’t allow the elbows to shift behind the body. Similarly, make sure the shoulder doesn’t shift forward in the socket as you lower the weight.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.
- If you experience forearm or wrist discomfort while using a barbell, switch to an EZ curl bar or dumbbells.