Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- The close grip pull up is a variation to the wide grip pull up, just using a closer grip. Grip the pull up bar with an overhand grip and hand about 10-12 inches apart.
- Take your feet off the floor so that you're hanging from the bar. This is the starting position.
- Slowly pull yourself up until your chin is above the bar, and then slowly lower yourself all the way down to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Pull Up Tips:
- Make sure you use a full range of motion. Pull up until your chin is above the bar, and lower yourself back down until you're almost hanging with your arms straight.
- Control your motion throughout the exercise, and don't let your body drop quickly. Slow and controlled movement will get the best results.